UP B.Tech. Admissions 2024: Single application form introduced for AKTU, HBTU, MMMUT

[

For technical education in Uttar Pradesh, applicants had to apply separately for admissions at Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) in Lucknow, HBTU in Kanpur, and Madan Mohan Malviya University of Technology (MMMUT) in Gorakhpur. However, the UP Government has now simplified the admission process. Candidates can submit a single application for consideration across all three universities.This streamlined approach makes the application procedure more accessible and efficient for prospective students.
The government has established a Central Admission Committee, led by Prof. Samsher, the Vice-Chancellor of HBTU, for admissions. The responsibility of counselling for this admission session has been given to HBTU. This emphasizes its pivotal role in overseeing and facilitating the admission process. The move ensures a centralized and cohesive approach to admissions, guided by the expertise of the committee chaired by Prof. Samsher.
Previously, students needed to submit distinct applications for admission to the three state universities, each with its unique counselling process. However, this year sees a significant shift. Admissions to university seats and affiliated technical institutes will now be streamlined through a unified counselling process. This change aims to simplify the application and admission procedures, offering a more cohesive and efficient experience for candidates seeking admission across these institutions.
The inaugural session of the Central Admission Committee, convened by the government, made pivotal decisions. The meeting, with active participation from key figures such as Special Secretary of Technical Education Anna V Dinesh Kumar, HBTU Vice Chancellor Prof. Samsher, and Prof. Lalit Kumar, marked a significant step in orchestrating the streamlined admission process. It brought key stakeholders together to deliberate and shape the course of admissions in the state.
The meeting also saw active involvement from esteemed professionals like Prof. Vandana Sehgal from AKTU, Prof. VK Mishra from MMMUT, and Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Bhalla from PSIT. A significant discussion focused on standardizing eligibility criteria, ensuring fairness in the admission process across these academic institutions. The collective expertise and input from these individuals played a pivotal role in shaping discussions and decisions during the meeting.
Currently, specified Inter marks for B.Tech admissions vary among the three universities. For the general category, AKTU mandates 45 per cent, MMMUT requires 60 per cent, and HBTU necessitates 55 per cent. Decisions regarding potential adjustments to these criteria will align with government directives. The varying eligibility standards underscore the need for a unified approach, likely to be addressed in the ongoing discussions within the Central Admission Committee.
Within a week, all universities and institutions must provide a comprehensive breakdown of available seats. Notably, admissions to private colleges will occupy 85 per cent of seats, with the remaining 15 per cent reserved for the management quota. Additionally, Master’s course admissions will be facilitated through the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for postgraduate programmes, introducing a standardized approach to admissions across these academic institutions.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Genx Newz is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment